This weekend, I was cleaning out my basement and I stumbled upon some pictures from my sister's wedding back in 2009. I remember exactly how much I weighed that day: 133 pounds.
I also remember how difficult it was to get there and how impossible it was to stay there. The things I did to lose weight to squeeze into a yellow bridesmaid's dress were things I would NEVER do today.
If I knew back in October 2009 the things I know now, I would've saved myself thousands of dollars and years of misery.
I wish I knew that:
1. food is not the enemy
2. I don't have to worry about food all the damn time
3. eating food that I love and moving my body in a way that I enjoy is actually the way to go
4. deprivation and going to extremes is a waste of valuable time that I'll never get back
5. eliminating carbs is unnecessary and makes me VERY unhappy
6. I don't have to be obsessed with body fat, the scale, or the size of my clothes
7. with every diet, I confirmed that I couldn't trust myself
8. the peace and freedom that comes from trusting myself and chilling out when it comes to food is incredible
9. my judgment of what other people were eating or not eating was a symptom of my own disordered thinking about food
10. that my relationship with food didn't have to be a contentious one
11. a smaller size isn't the most important thing I could be in this world
12. I didn't have to spend a shit-ton of money on workout DVDs in an attempt to find the "right" one that would make be thin, fit, and beautiful
13. I didn't have to do workouts I hated (yes, I'm talking to you Sean T and your Insanity workout)
14. my body did not betray me...I was betraying it
15. there is no such thing as an ideal weight
16. I was beautiful and acceptable and enough...regardless of a number on the scale
17. the constant pursuit of losing weight is NOT a normal part of life
18. I didn't need to spend so much time, energy and money trying to shrink myself
19. it doesn't have to be so damn complicated
20. I'm perfect as I am...I don't need to be fixed.
Just click on the link below for all the details. The next class starts in January 2017.